Clinical Placements/ Rotations
During the 16 Week program Students will have placements in different areas of cardiac procedures and will have the opportunity to perform echos on real time patients. During the Clinical Placements phase of the program, students will have a hands-on experience performing echocardiograms on real patients under the guidance of our clinical supervisors and mentors. They will also observe and perform holters, ECGs, and blood pressure monitoring, as well as stress ECGs. This is a 16-week, where students will further hone their skills in patient care management and performing echocardiograms, holter/BP hookups, ECG hookups and readings, and stress ECG hookups, all with the full assistance from their clinical supervisors or mentors.
In addition to the clinical placements and online theory classes, students are required to attend in-person practical training sessions. These will take place 2 days per week and each session will last for 3 hours. This component is essential in the program, and it will provide students with hands-on experience and the opportunity to practice the procedures they have learned in a controlled, supervised environment.
- Course Completion: You must have successfully completed the ‘Part 1 – Introduction to Adult Echocardiography’ course at Heartscope Training Institute.
- Academic Background: This course requires you to hold a minimum of Bachelors of Science Degree from any recognised Australian University or any other relevant undergraduate degree recognised by Australia.
- Physical Attendance: You must be able to attend practical training sessions at our Melbourne-based sites in Victoria, Australia.
- Computer Literacy: As some of our materials and learning platform are digital, basic computer skills and internet access are necessary.
What You Will Learn
What You Will Receive
- Hands-On Clinical Experience: You’ll gain practical experience in real clinical environments, perfecting your skills under the guidance of our experienced mentors.
- Heartscope Certificate: Upon successful completion of the course, you’ll receive a certificate from Heartscope. This credential can be showcased at other organisations as a testament to your training and skills.
- Continued Support: Even after the course, our team will be available to provide guidance and support as you embark on your echocardiography career. Our relationship with our students extends beyond the classroom.
- Industry Connections: With Heartscope’s reputation in the industry, our endorsement could open doors to potential job opportunities in various organisations.
Week 1 to Week 16
3 days of the week: Echocardiography Training
- Focus on various echocardiographic imaging techniques
- Interpretation and reporting of echocardiographic findings, with an opportunity to observe these processes in real-time
- Observation and hands-on practice on real patients under clinical supervision
2 days of the week: Technical Training
- Learning and understanding Holter monitors, ECGs, Blood pressure monitoring devices
- Hands-on experience combined with observational learning for the setup, interpretation, and reporting of Holter monitors, ECGs, and blood pressure monitors.
- Practical patient care management training, supplemented by observing best patient care practices.
This blend of echocardiography and technical training throughout the week offers comprehensive exposure to the full spectrum of tasks a Cardiac Sonographer may encounter in a clinical setting. Each week builds on the previous one, gradually enhancing your skillset and confidence.
Please note, the exact schedule and curriculum might slightly vary based on the specific needs of the cohort and the discretion of the supervisors.
Senior Cardiac Sonographer and Program Coordinator
Reena Kapadia is a seasoned professional in the field of cardiac sonography, boasting over 15 years of experience. Her expertise is not only limited to practice but also extends to teaching, having mentored students and physicians for the past 5 years. A testament to her effective teaching methods is the success of her students, the majority of whom have become accomplished cardiac sonographers themselves.
Reena’s academic background includes a Graduate Diploma in Medical Ultrasonography (Cardiac) from ASUM, which further solidifies her proficiency in the field. Her ability to manage and instruct over a dozen students and physicians at a time showcases her exceptional teaching skills. As a senior cardiac sonographer, she brings a wealth of practical knowledge and insights to the Intro to Echocardiography course, making her an invaluable asset to the program.
Note: A deposit of $5,000 is required with the enrolment into the Heartscope Training Institute which will be sent after a discussion upon sending your registration of interest.
Have Any Questions?
We understand that choosing a training program is a significant decision and you might have some questions or need further clarification.
Feel free to get in touch with our team via email to discuss things further.
Register your Interest
To register your interest, please fill out the form with your basic information and details about the course you’re interested in. This helps us understand your needs and aspirations better, allowing us to provide you with the most relevant information.
Please note that while registering your interest does not commit you to the course, if you decide to proceed after our conversation, a deposit of AUD 5000 is required to secure your place. This allows us to prepare the best resources and arrange for your hands-on training experience.
Please also be aware that the completion of this program does not provide formal qualification of echo skills.
Note: We only have limited slots for our courses.